Author site, place for the blog
Matt Maday is a writer and performer from Colorado. He has a degree in psychology from Fort Lewis College and a degree in English from UNCO. His mission is to use art to repurpose economic systems as humanitarian systems.
All art, including written work, visual art, and audio and visual recordings, is my original work.
Advertisements are controlled through companies independent from me and do not necessarily reflect anything other than the advertising interests and strategies of those independent companies and my agreement to let them advertise on my site as a way to generate revenue.
- May 8, 2021: I finally posted my digital chapbook. The “Chapbook Here!” page has the link. I’m distributing it through my Sellfy store right now, but I’m planning on making it available on Amazon soon.
- May 3, 2021: I’m still working on making sure that the digital distribution works the right way for my chapbook. I hope to have a link to the digital chapbook on this site by later today or by tomorrow.
- April 30, 2021: I’ve changed my tentative publication date for my digital chapbook to May 2, 2021. That’s more realistic considering I finished the cover art and design last night, but I wasn’t quite finished with the final formatting and distribution issues. I hope to distribute the digital chapbook as a pdf through this site and then maybe switch to more traditional distribution depending on how distributing through this site goes.
- April 26, 2021: I’m pretty sure I can have my digital chapbook posted by tomorrow night. I had to change the tentative publication date from the 22nd to the 30th, so it would be nice to have the actual publication date end up somewhere between those dates.
- March 7, 2021: I’m reposting my four-part blog series “Politics of a Punk Rock Poser” to prepare for my first music review tomorrow. This repost consolidates the series into one part instead of four. To get to this blog entry, you can click on the “Metablog” header or this link: Metablog – Matt Maday
- Feb. 27, 2021: I’m renovating my website, which includes setting a goal to start an independent publishing/record label. Ego Wham Recording is the working title. Other, more global goals? Streamline and expand the blog so everything gets posted on the main blog, and the main blog also feeds to other sections, like the recently created yet as-of-now-empty Music Reviews.
- Aug. 11, 2020: ‘Autonomy’ (Parts 1-3) is now fully published on my blog. Link to Part I: https://mattmaday.com/2020/07/28/autonomy/.
- Aug. 18, 2020: I’m trying to archive ‘Autonomy’ on the homepage. Eventually, the goal is to post it as an e-book for cheap digital download, but I’d like to take my time and make sure it’s done right, so that could take awhile.
FLC’s Images literary magazine
(2006-2007) “1000 Rhymes for Nation” and “Campy Horror Movie”
Winner of UNCO’s 2010 Rosenberry Award for Poetry (First Place)
“I Almost Knew Her”
UNCO’s Crucible literary magazine
Volume 21 (2010-2011) “Still Stunned,” “The Ladder to the Tower,” and “I Almost Knew Her” (Poetry)
The Red Thread (2012): “Signature” (Poetry)
The Daily Drunk Mag
(July 24, 2020) “Space Force?”
Support and Connect
It seems like the easiest way to navigate the Blog Index–as of now–is to keep clicking the link back to the homepage after reading each entry, then click the link for the next entry in line. There has to be a better way. I’ll have to work on that.
A Robot Speaks to Ralph Waldo Emerson (Creative Nonfiction) (May 1-4, 2020)
- May 1, 2020 (Part I of IV) https://mattmaday.com/2020/05/01/a-robot-speaks-to-ralph-waldo-emerson-part-i/
- May 2, 2020 (Part II of IV) https://mattmaday.com/2020/05/02/a-robot-speaks-to-ralph-waldo-emerson-part-ii/
- May 3, 2020 (Part III of IV) https://mattmaday.com/2020/05/03/a-robot-speaks-to-ralph-waldo-emerson-part-iii/
- May 4, 2020 (Part IV of IV) https://mattmaday.com/2020/05/04/a-robot-speaks-to-ralph-waldo-emerson-part-iv/
Autonomy (Sci-fi Flash)